If you’re responsible for booking your travel for your agency, crew, or cast we know you're booking most of your travel on the run or at the last minute. And the costs can quickly add up. Here's how booking your travel without a travel management company to help, is costing you:
Letting your travellers make their own bookings
- Your travel expenses can sky-rocket as you have no control over each person’s spend
- You’re using too many different suppliers, making it impossible to negotiate lower prices on bulk business
- Each person could be more productive if they weren’t spending hours online looking for the same flights
- You have a very limited choice (no VIP extras)
- You forget to use your loyalty miles
- Rates/fares can be up to 30% higher than Stage and Screen's negotiated entertainment rates.
- Booking changes can incur hefty costs, as you probably booked the cheapest (most inflexible) ticket
- You spend hours online searching for flights and suppliers
- You get no expert travel and destination advice or offers
Using multiple agents for different travel bookings
- You don’t have any buying power with your suppliers as you probably use a different supplier for each requirement.
- You probably don’t have an overall view of your travellers or even have a travel policy to keep all your bookings in line and manage your travel spend.
HOW STAGE AND SCREEN CAN HELP CUT YOUR TRAVEL COSTS
Managing entertainment and sports travel often involves moving numerous travellers, freight logistics to coordinate, individual preferences to satisfy, and far flung destinations to reach on time.
To buy travel and save, you need the help of a travel management company (TMC) with the supplier relationships, global support and expertise to make a difference. Stage and Screen is a guru in entertainment and sports travel.
We're here to:
- shape a more competitive travel culture for you
- negotiate the best rates in entertainment and sports travel
- boost your productivity by slashing the amount of time you spend on bookings
- make you savvier about your travel
Let’s look at these in more detail…
1. SHAPE A MORE COMPETITIVE TRAVEL CULTURE BY INTRODUCING A TRAVEL POLICY
If you're in charge of travel for a large group, production, sporting team or similar, managing the wants and needs of different travellers is a juggling act. They want a choice and you want cost control.
Talk with your travellers and find out what's most important to them. Choose the airlines, hotels and car companies that give them the best mix of comfort, convenience and flexibility. So you can then offer your travellers a choice that will keep them happy, and your budget in the black!
If it's cheaper rates and fares that really strike a chord for you, you need a central travel policy that keeps your suppliers in check. The tighter your policy, the more we can negotiate. A policy will also give you the advantage by opening your eyes to cost-saving tips like:
- opting for different classes of travel eg. economy seats on domestic flights and premium economy instead of business class, where appropriate
- being flexible on flight dates and times
A policy is only as good as how much it is used, so your travellers really need to buy into it and you need to enforce it. Let the experts, Stage and Screen, help!
2. NEGOTIATE SPECIALISED ENTERTAINMENT AND SPORTING TRAVEL RATES
Stage and Screen, backed by the Flight Centre Travel Group (Pty) Ltd, flexes its negotiating muscle to win entertainment and sporting rates that are available only to your industry. We can access the largest range of domestic and international airfares, including negotiated fares, corporate, wholesale, discounted retail and group fares.
Stage and Screen's hotel rates are often among the lowest, and we can search the world for properties at rates that have been negotiated for your benefit. If you already have a hotel program or specific accommodation booking processes, we can either tidy those up or leverage them for increased savings. For example, we can:
- see how many nights you book rooms for and negotiate special rates
- negotiate on the full cost of your accommodation by including whatever value-adds you tend to use (eg. breakfasts, internet services)
- see if there are any lost opportunities for savings
- make year-on-year rate comparisons, like city average reports
And remember, not only can we help with your specialised flights and accommodation needs, we do car hire too!
3. HELP BOOST YOUR PRODUCTIVITY
Have you ever stopped to consider how much time you actually spend booking your travel, especially for international trips?
Trawling the web for flights and hotels, and checking availability, it may scare you to discover how much productivity you've lost. Yet a TMC can take as little as five minutes to complete a point-to-point booking, with just an email or phone call from you or your traveller.
Stage and Screen can also save you time by taking care of preferred supplier contracts for you, using our global negotiating strength.
4. MAKE YOU SAVVIER ABOUT TRAVEL
The travel industry is always in a state of change... whether it’s new prices, regulations, supplier trends, technology or a natural disaster to keep you on your toes! All of these factors can impact your travel plans and what you pay. With a TMC by your side, you can stay up-to-speed with latest developments and any effects they will have on you.
We're also international airfare gurus, well versed in managing multi-point itineraries at the best prices. We'll arm you with strategies to generate more 'bang for your buck', and we'll share our knowledge of destinations worldwide based on our own travel experiences.
Working with Stage and Screen, you'll have all the services you need – from bookings, to 24/7 emergency support, VIP travel, and cost control. You and your team can rest easy that you're saving money where possible, while enjoying hassle-free travel.